Did You Go Geocaching On Christmas Day?

Categories: GeoTheory

Last Christmas, It’s Not About The Numbers wanted to know if geocachers were naughty or nice on December 25th. That holiday poll produced some surprising – or possibly not so surprising – results, so we’re now eager to see if the same situation applies this year …

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. ErikaJean says:

December 25, 2011 at 12:09 pm

I’ll have to answer this one tomorrow, on Christmas here in the US 😉 I hope to though!

2. Laura Diamond Bollinger on Facebook says:

December 25, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I’m planning to … just had 31 new ones published close by today! 🙂

3. Toria says:

December 25, 2011 at 6:10 pm

I answered yes, but to be accurate my answer should have been: not yet, but I will be going out caching in about half an hour. It’s mid afternoon, it’s a lovely warm day, who wouldn’t go out caching?

4. TeamElliottFamily says:

December 25, 2011 at 9:05 pm

You betcha.. I had to complete a personal challenge I set during advent… One geocache for eveery day. I missed two days in the middle =( but still managed a new best run of 16 days…

5. Michael D. Belanger on Facebook says:

December 26, 2011 at 7:12 am

Would like to, but having some (minor) physical problems that’s preventing me from doing that.

6. Peter Raymond Walker on Facebook says:

December 26, 2011 at 8:36 am

That sucks Michael. Hope you get better soon!

7. Raymond Lum on Facebook says:

December 26, 2011 at 8:52 am

no I didnt go I would had to a long way

8. Donna Hale on Facebook says:

December 26, 2011 at 9:05 am

Why yes I did. Had to get batteries of all things. Then I figured why not grab that cache nearby. 🙂

9. Kylie Walker on Facebook says:

December 26, 2011 at 9:53 am

Yes and one of them was a FTF.

10. 'tigersden' Cerena Andrew on Facebook says:

December 26, 2011 at 10:35 am

Yes, we found 9 caches and those were in 3 states of AUS…lol

11. Jim says:

December 26, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Well, yes I did, but only because the wife surprised me with a new Magellan under the tree. Christmas day 2010 was the first I’d found a cache, and I did actually notice I’d never found one on that day before due to the statistics feature on Geocaching.com, which came out sometime in 2010.

12. Laura Diamond Bollinger on Facebook says:

December 26, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Yes I did! I even set a new daily record … found 35 caches! :0)

13. Krista Linn Bulger on Facebook says:

December 27, 2011 at 11:43 am

Yep! So awesome that geocaching is always open for business…even holidays!!!

14. René Lindberg Mikkelsen on Facebook says:

December 27, 2011 at 12:08 pm

doing the one-cache-a-day thing + competing against/with a fellow cacher, so yes (current streak is in the thirties).

15. Kelly Rysten on Facebook says:

December 27, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Yes, we had a great day geocaching in Hollywood. We found our 700th cache at Batman’s BatCave which was the set from the old Batman TV show. It was only in the show for a few seconds but they drove the batmobile out of the batcave and that is the cave the cache was at. Very cool. We found four more but the streets around there are crazy. Very fun day though. We had Christmas with the kids on Christmas Eve. Pics of both are in my Geocaching and Grandkid Pictures albums. Happy New Year!

16. Philip Williams on Facebook says:

December 27, 2011 at 9:06 pm

no boxing day and found 2 in tha same GZ lol

17. Alan Arthur says:

December 28, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Well done to everyone who made it out caching on Christmas Day! More dedicated than us – we didn’t leave the house all day.

18. DannoBikes says:

December 28, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Of course I had to, I got my first GPSr for Christmas from my brother in law, went out and found 4 caches with my wife and son and another solo later that night.

19. Robin Worcester on Facebook says:

December 29, 2011 at 11:22 am

Yes I did! Just found “The 366 day Challenge” so I’m trying to fill in as many days as possible. I have a LONG way to go because I did not start until March 2 of this year and I have lot of days to fill in. If I miss just one, then I’ll have to wait until 2013 to finish.

Switch to desktop version